Call for Proposals
> Call for Proposals
We invite you to submit a proposal to present at the 19th IOSTE International Symposium with the theme of Transforming Science and Technology Education to Cultivate Participatory Citizens. (ioste2020korea.kr)
Call for Proposal closes March 11.
Presenters, whose papers are accepted, will be invited to submit their full papers to be published in the peer-reviewed on-line IOSTE 2020 Symposium Proceedings. Guideline is attached (Information of Call for Papers IOSTE 2020)
The Call for Proposals is now open.
- Call for Proposals
We call for papers of single oral presentation, interactive poster session, symposium oral presentation, and pre-symposium workshop. Proposals will be peer-reviewed. The promising contributors are encouraged to share their contents related to the following themes
- Strand 1Student understanding and learning in STE
- Strand 2Student motivation and interest in STE
- Strand 3Teaching science and technology in diverse contexts
- Strand 4STE for early childhood
- Strand 5Teacher education and professional development in STE
- Strand 6Use of educational technology in STE
- Strand 7Societal and global challenges in STE
- Strand 8Cultural and historical perspectives on STE
- Strand 9International partnership with external actors for STE
- Strand 10Informal education of science and technology
- Strand 11Citizenship education in STE
- Strand 12Others
- Call for Proposals DeadlineMarch 11, 2020
- Notification of AcceptanceApril 10, 2020
- All presenters must register before the early bird deadlineMay 8, 2020
- All presenters’ Payment DeadlineAugust 1, 2020
- Full Paper Manuscripts DeadlineSeptember 15, 2020
- Symposium Proceedings PublishedJanuary 15, 2021
- Types of Submissions
- Submit Now
- You must create a user ID through ConfTools (https://conftool.org/ioste2020) in order to begin the submission process. You will be promoted to login/create a use ID to begin the submission process.
TO CREATE A USER ID AND BEGIN SUBMISSION PROCESS CLICK HERE
- All submissions must be received in a PDF file format using the ConfTools one line submission system. All the documents must use the relevant templates shown under the “Type of Submissions“ tab. All the proposals should be anonymous, so no author information should be included anywhere in the paper. The online submission must be completed and submitted by March 11, 2020 in order to be considered for the symposium.
- Peer-Review of Submissions
- All submissions are peer-reviewed. Criteria include the quality of the proposal, relevance of the Symposium themes, the significance of research questions or issues, appropriateness of the research methodology and analysis, the importance of the findings, and the overall logic and clarity of the conclusions and implications of the research.
- All authors who submit a proposal for IOSTE2020 Symposium will be expected to serve as reviewers for other proposals.
- Guidelines for Accepted Submissions
Presenting authors of accepted papers are expected to attend and register for the IOSTE2020 Symposium before the Early Bird Deadline on May 8, 2020.
- Symposium Proceedings
- All registered participants will have access to the papers published in the IOSTE2020 online proceedings. The proceedings will be avaliable on December 1, 2020.
- After the Symposium in August, we will post an announcement to all authors of the deadline to submit final full papers (September 15, 2020). The committee will assess the quality of the papers to determine eligibility for publishing by January 15, 2021.